Begin the practice by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Then, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light to everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds. Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross your hands and snap your thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru’s Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Ekajati Mudra : Make a fist with your right hand. Extend and straighten the index finger.
Illustration of mudra:
GM Demo (English Subtitled)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
(1) Visualize Adibuddha, the primodial buddha, emerging from the void. In the heart of Adibuddha is the red seed syllable「」”rang,” emitting a red beam of light.
(2) The seed syllable revolves and transforms into Ekajati. Ekajati has one head, one upright haired ponytail, one eye, one tooth, and one breast. Her single eye is in the center of her forehead. The tip of her single tooth points down like a phurba. Her single breast is at the center of her chest. She gathers her hair on top of her head with the tip of the ponytail pointing up. The right hand of Ekajati the blue-black Buddha Mother holds a corps-rod and left hand, a devil’s heart and a she-wolf.
(3) From the brow point of Ekajati, a beam of white light shines onto one’s brow point. From the throat of Ekajati, a beam of red light shines onto one’s throat. From the heart of Ekajati, a beam of blue light shines onto one’s heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one’s body and mind.
- Recite the Ekajati Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, ah-song-ma, hum, pei.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha’s Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
Dismissal: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.